Giving To Farmers Alley Theatre

Thank you for your interest in making a tax-deductible contribution to Farmers Alley Theatre! While there is a strong and positive demand for the theatre's productions of popular and new work, ticket sales cover only a portion of our operating budget. As a nonprofit theater company, we depend upon the generosity of individuals to help us to continue our mission: to create a product that entertains while inspiring, educating, and communicating with audiences to reflect on the diverse human experience.

Your support enables Farmers Alley Theatre to present the finest theater to more than 10,000 patrons each year.

Ways to Give

There are many easy ways to give to Farmers Alley Theatre

Farmers Alley Theatre is partially supported by generous grants from the following organizations:

Suzanne Upjohn Delano Parish Foundation
Irving S. Gilmore Foundation
Harold and Grace Upjohn Foundation
Michigan Arts and Culture Council
National Endowment for the Arts
Marvin and Rosalie Okun Foundation
The Shubert Foundation


Visionary ($5,000+)
Executive ($2,500 - $4,999)
Producer ($1,000 - $2,499)
Director ($500 - $999)
Principle ($250 - $499)
Supporting ($100 - $249)
Ensemble ($50 - $99)
Fan ($1 - $49)


Many employers extend their corporate philanthropy to include matching gift programs.  Matching gifts made to Farmers Alley Theatre will be credited to you, thereby increasing your personal impact and level of recognition. Please contact your Human Resources Department to find out more, or call Farmers Alley Theatre’s Director of Organizational and Fund Development, Dr. Heather Jach Turner at at 269.343.2727 for more information.

How do Matching Gifts work?

 The main concept of matching gift programs is quite simple. A $100 donation to Farmers Alley Theatre is eligible to be matched by a corporate employer, literally doubling the donation for a total of $200. All you have to do is fill out the matching gift forms (which can usually be obtained from the Human Resources department or an online portal), and then submit them to the appropriate personnel or intranet site. Your employer will validate the donation, and will send a check of the same value (or higher, depending on the parameters of the program) to Farmers Alley Theatre.


A gift of stock is one of the many easy ways to make a gift to Farmers Alley Theatre. Transfers of stock may be made directly to our broker at Mercer Advisors Wealth Management. If you have questions about making a gift of stock, please contact Heather Jach Turner at HEATHER@FARMERSALLEYTHEATRE.COM or 269.343.2727.

Gifts of stock can be transferred to:

Mercer Advisors Wealth Management
Scott Williams
Sr. Wealth Advisor, Director
(269) 488-6900
(800) 488-8041

DTC: 0725
Farmers Alley Theatre Account: ________________ (please contact Farmers Alley Theatre)
Farmers Alley Theatre Tax ID: 26-2692394

Planned Giving

Thank you for your interest in considering a planned gift to Farmers Alley Theatre. Planned gifts provide our esteemed donors and friends with a relatively easy way to ensure Farmers Alley can continue providing expectation professional theatre for generations to come!

Planned and estate gifts are flexible gifts that allow you to support Farmers Alley Theatre during your lifetime and/or after, while meeting your current income needs. Planned gifts will not impact current cash flow and they are relatively simple to set up with the assistance of legal/financial professionals and Farmers Alley Development Staff. Some planned gifts allow you to receive important lifetime tax and income benefits while you contribute to enhancing the mission and work of Farmers Alley Theatre.

Sample Bequest Language:

"I, [name], of [city, state, ZIP], give, devise and bequeath to Farmers Alley Theatre [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] for its unrestricted use and purpose."

Tools for Professional Advisors

Legal Name: Farmers Alley Theatre
Tax ID Number: 26-2692394
Incorporated: 2008

The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor.